Looking for the best chess books? Look no further! Our selection of chess books has something for everyone, from beginners to experts. Whether you’re looking to improve your game or just learn more about the history and strategy of chess, we have the perfect book for you.
Review of Best Chess Books
1. Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess
- Brand: Bantam
- Manufacturer: Bantam
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Height: 6.85 Inches Width: 0.7 Inches Length: 4.15 Inches Weight: 0.36155810968 Pounds `
- Edition: NO-VALUE
- Number of Pages: 352
- Publication Date: 1982-07-01T00:00:01Z
Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess is a great way to improve your chess game. The course is easy to follow and Bobby Fischer is a great teacher. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to improve their chess skills.
- It can help people learn chess.
- People can use it to improve their chess skills.
- It is a good way for people to spend time learning about and playing chess.
- The product can be used by people of all ages.
- It is a helpful tool for people who want to become better at chess.
This chess book is great! It’s helped me improve my game a lot. Bobby Fischer is a great teacher and he really knows his stuff. The book is easy to understand and follow, and it’s packed with a ton of useful information. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get better at chess.
2. Modern Chess Openings, 15th Edition
- Brand: Random House Puzzles & Games
- Manufacturer: Random House Puzzles & Games
- Color: Blue
- Dimensions: Height: 9.14 Inches Width: 1.49 Inches Length: 6.1 Inches Weight: 2.18698563904 Pounds `
- Edition: 15
- Number of Pages: 768
- Publication Date: 2008-04-08T00:00:01Z
This is an excellent book on chess openings. It is very comprehensive and up-to-date, and provides a great deal of analysis and recommendations. The explanations are clear and easy to understand, making it a great resource for players of all levels.
- The book is up to date with the latest chess openings
- It contains a huge repertoire of chess openings
- The explanations are clear and easy to understand
- It is suitable for all levels of chess players, from beginners to experts
- The book comes with a free access code to an online database of chess games
This is an excellent chess book. It has helped my game immensely.
3. The Chess Bible · 5-in-1 Companion for the Future Grandmaster: …
- Manufacturer: Independently published
- Dimensions: Height: 11.0 Inches Width: 0.51 Inches Length: 8.5 Inches
- Number of Pages: 224
- Publication Date: 2022-09-03T00:00:01Z
The Chess Bible is the perfect companion for anyone aspiring to be a grandmaster. It includes five sections that cover everything from the basics of the game to advanced strategies. The book is well-written and easy to understand, making it the perfect resource for anyone serious about chess.
- The Chess Bible is a comprehensive guide to the game of chess, containing everything a budding grandmaster needs to know.
- The book is well organized and easy to follow, making it an ideal reference for beginners and experts alike.
- The Chess Bible covers all aspects of the game, from basic rules and strategy to more advanced concepts.
- The book includes a wealth of information on famous players and historic matches, making it fascinating reading for any chess enthusiast.
- The Chess Bible is an essential companion for anyone serious about becoming a grandmaster at chess!
This book is amazing! It has helped me improve my chess game so much. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get better at chess.
4. The Immortal Game: A History of Chess
- Brand: Audible
- Manufacturer: Random House Audio
- Publication Date: 2006-09-11T10:27:10Z
This book is a great read for any chess lover. It tells the story of how the game has evolved over time and the different cultures that have played it.
- The Immortal Game: A History of Chess is a book that tells the history of chess and how it has evolved over time.
- The book is written by David Shenk, who is a well-known author and historian.
- The book provides readers with a detailed account of the game of chess and its origins.
- The book includes interviews with some of the world’s best chess players, which gives readers an insight into the game from a professional perspective.
- The Immortal Game: A History of Chess is an interesting and informative read that will appeal to both chess enthusiasts and those with no prior knowledge of the game.
The Immortal Game: A History of Chess is an excellent book that provides a detailed history of the game of chess. The author does an excellent job of explaining the origins of the game and how it has evolved over time. The book also provides a great deal of information on the different strategies and techniques used in playing chess. This is an essential read for any chess enthusiast.
5. How To Beat Anyone At Chess: The Best Chess Tips, …
- Brand: Adams Media
- Manufacturer: Adams Media
- Dimensions: Height: 7.5 Inches Width: 0.6 Inches Length: 5.5 Inches Weight: 0.63493131456 Pounds `
- Number of Pages: 256
- Publication Date: 2015-10-02T00:00:01Z
This book is great for chess lovers of all levels! It provides tips and tricks on how to beat anyone at chess, regardless of their skill level. The author provides clear explanations on how to execute each technique, making it easy for readers to follow along. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, this book is sure to help you step up your game!
- The book provides clear and concise instructions on how to improve your chess game.
- It offers a wide range of tips and tricks to help you beat your opponents.
- The book is easy to follow and understand, making it perfect for beginners and intermediate players alike.
- In addition to improving your chess skills, the book also helps to increase your strategic thinking ability.
- By following the tips in this book, you will be able to develop into a stronger chess player overall.
I was really struggling with my chess game and felt like I was stuck at a plateau. But after reading and following the tips in this book, my game has improved so much! I’ve even started beating some of the guys at my weekly chess club. If you’re looking to improve your chess game, I highly recommend this book!
6. Chess: 5334 Problems, Combinations and Games
- Brand: Black Dog & Leventhal
- Manufacturer: Black Dog & Leventhal
- Dimensions: Height: 9.125 Inches Width: 2.375 Inches Length: 6.0 Inches Weight: 2.4691773344 Pounds `
- Edition: Illustrated
- Number of Pages: 1104
- Publication Date: 2013-08-13T00:00:01Z
This is an excellent book for chess players of all levels. It contains 5334 problems, combinations and games to help improve your skills. The step-by-step explanations are easy to follow, and the illustrations are clear and helpful. This book is a great way to improve your chess game.
- Helps to improve problem solving skills
- Develops strategic thinking
- Teaches how to plan ahead
- Increases concentration and focus
- Can be enjoyed by people of all ages
This book is a great resource for chess players of all levels. It contains 5334 problems, combinations and games, as well as detailed explanations of the solutions. The book is well-organized and easy to navigate, making it a valuable tool for both novice and experienced players alike.
7. Logical Chess: Move By Move: Every Move Explained New Algebraic …
- Brand: US Chess Federation
- Manufacturer: Batsford
- Dimensions: Height: 8.5 Inches Width: 0.748 Inches Length: 5.25 Inches Weight: 0.74075320032 Pounds `
- Edition: 2
- Number of Pages: 256
- Publication Date: 2003-06-30T00:00:01Z
This book is a great resource for chess players of all levels. It provides clear and concise explanations for every move in a game of chess. This makes it an excellent tool for learning and improving your skills.
- The book Logical Chess: Move By Move: Every Move Explained New Algebraic Edition is a great resource for chess players of all levels.
- The step-by-step format is easy to follow and helps you understand the game better.
- You can quickly improve your chess skills by following the explanations in this book.
- This book also provides an excellent way to learn new chess strategies and tactics.
- Overall, Logical Chess: Move By Move: Every Move Explained New Algebraic Edition is a valuable addition to any chess player’s library.
I was a little hesitant to try out this chess book at first, but I’m glad I did! It’s been really helpful in improving my game. Every move is explained in detail, so it’s easy to follow along and understand why each move is played. This has definitely helped me become a better chess player.
8. The Mammoth Book of the World’s Greatest Chess Games: New …
- Manufacturer: Robinson
- Edition: New
- Number of Pages: 706
- Publication Date: 2010-09-30T00:00:00.000Z
This book is a great collection of the world’s greatest chess games, including new and classic games. The games are well-annotated and easy to follow, making this an essential book for any chess lover.
- The Mammoth Book of the World’s Greatest Chess Games: New Edition is a comprehensive collection of the best chess games ever played, from the early days of the sport to the present day.
- The book features detailed analysis and commentary from some of the world’s leading chess experts, making it an essential resource for serious players and fans alike.
- With over 1,000 games included, The Mammoth Book of the World’s Greatest Chess Games: New Edition is one of the most comprehensive collections available.
- The book is beautifully presented, with clear layout and easy-to-read notation making it a pleasure to use.
- at over 700 pages in length, The Mammoth Book of the World’s Greatest Chess Games: New Edition is an impressive achievement and an essential purchase for any chess enthusiast.
This book is great for chess fans of all levels of interest and expertise. The games are well-chosen and presented in a clear and accessible way, with informative introductions and analysis. There are also some nice photos and illustrations. It’s a great coffee table book or gift for any chess lover.
9. We Games Hardcover Chess Notation Scorebook – Black
- Brand: WE Games
- Manufacturer: Wood Expressions, Inc.
- Color: black
This is the perfect way to keep track of your chess games! This scorebook has 100 pages for you to record your moves, and it’s hardcover so it will last a long time. Plus, it’s stylish and comes in black!
- It is a great tool to have for keeping track of your chess games.
- You can use it to improve your chess skills by analyzing your past games.
- It makes studying chess openings and variations easier.
- You can use it to communicate your chess moves to others (e.g., via email).
- It is a handy reference guide for tournament and match rules.
This is the best chess notation scorebook I have ever used! It is so easy to use and keeps track of all of my games.
10. The Queen’s Gambit
- Manufacturer: RosettaBooks
- Number of Pages: 258
- Publication Date: 2014-09-29T00:00:00.000Z
The Queen’s Gambit is an excellent book that tells the story of a young girl who is orphaned and then taken in by a wealthy family. She is taught how to play chess by the family’s maid, and she quickly becomes a prodigy. The book follows her as she grows up and becomes one of the world’s best chess players.
- The Queen’s Gambit is an excellent tool for learning and improving one’s chess skills.
- It can be used by beginners and experienced players alike.
- The Queen’s Gambit is a great way to challenge oneself and others to stimulating games of chess.
- This product can help people hone their strategic thinking skills.
- The Queen’s Gambit makes for a fun and satisfying game playing experience.
The Queen’s Gambit is one of the best Chess games I have ever played. The graphics are beautiful, and the gameplay is so realistic. I highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys playing Chess.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best book to improve chess?
There are many great books that can help improve your chess game. However, the best book for you may depend on your current skill level and what areas you need to work on.
If you are a beginner, we recommend starting with How to Play Chess: The Ultimate Guide to Learning the Rules, Strategies, and Tactics of the Game by Bruce Pandolfini.
This book will teach you the basic rules of chess, as well as some strategy and tactics to get you started on your way to becoming a better player. For players who are already familiar with the basics of chess, but want to take their game to the next level, we recommend Secrets of Modern Chess Strategy by John Watson. This book covers more advanced strategic concepts that will help you start thinking several moves ahead of your opponent.
Finally, if you are looking for a comprehensive guide that covers everything from the basics to more advanced topics, we recommend My System & One Hundred Selected Games by Aron Nimzowitsch. This classic text is essential reading for any serious chess player who wants to improve their game.
Which chess book should I read?
If you are looking for a chess book to read, there are many different titles available depending on your level of interest and expertise. For beginner chess players, some good books to start with include "Learn Chess in One Day" by John Emms, "Chess for Dummies" by James Eade, and "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Chess" by Patrick Wolff. These books will teach you the basics of how to play the game, including the rules, strategy, and tactics.
If you are already familiar with how to play chess but want to improve your skills, then there are also many excellent books available on various aspects of the game such as openings, endgames, and tactical play. Some recommended titles include "Winning Chess Strategies" by grandmaster Yasser Seirawan, "The Art of Attack in Chess" by Vladimir Vukovic, and "The Road to Chess Improvement" by Alex Yermolinsky. Whatever level you are at, there is definitely a chess book out there that can help you improve your game!
Which books did Magnus Carlsen read?
Magnus Carlsen, the current World Chess Champion and highest-rated player in history, is well known for his voracious reading habits. In an interview with The New Yorker, he revealed that he reads "a lot of fiction – mostly thrillers" and that his favorite authors are Stieg Larsson, Jo Nesbø, and Henning Mankell. He has also mentioned in interviews that he enjoys reading biographies and autobiographies, particularly of sports figures.
Some of the specific books that Carlsen has mentioned enjoying are: -The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy by Stieg Larsson -The Harry Hole series by Jo Nesbø
-The Kurt Wallander series by Henning Mankell -Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike by Phil Knight
Will chess increase IQ?
There is no evidence that chess increases IQ. However, playing chess has been associated with higher levels of intelligence. For example, a study of 4,000 Venezuelan children found that those who played chess had higher IQ scores than those who did not play.
The best chess books can help you improve your game and become a better player. There are many different titles available, so take some time to find the ones that are right for you. With a little bit of effort, you can make huge strides in your chess playing ability.